Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my Chevy Duramax diesel, love the truck its just too much for what I need, and I'm just starting to look for a Jeep diesel. I'm wondering if I should steer clear of the '14's and spend a bit more on a '15 or '16? I know that sometimes the worst part of a vehicle gets the most attention and blown out of proportion. Is the trouble that the 14's had significant and if so were they worked out in 15 and 16? Or, is it generally the case that once the Cat converter is sorted out the 14's are good to go. I'd appreciate some insight...thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I test drove a '14 with 84K miles on it today and I'm not sure if I just biased coming from the 6.6L Duramax powerhouse or if the Jeep diesel was a bit tired. Do you find the Jeep anemic on acceleration? Is it's towing capacity deceptive? I was underwhelmed for sure and I suspect it has more to do with the Duramax than the Jeep but I'd love your input. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had 62,000miles on mine on a '14 model. Had two breakdowns on it within two weeks. Took it to the dealership the first time and they had no clue, never saw this issue before they said. Issues (and more) came back two weeks later.
15's and 16's are more reliable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree- 'newer the better'. Of course it definitely won't tow like a 'Duramax'- but if you check out towing thread you can get idea of capabilities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm selling my Chevy Duramax diesel, love the truck its just too much for what I need, and I'm just starting to look for a Jeep diesel. I'm wondering if I should steer clear of the '14's and spend a bit more on a '15 or '16? I know that sometimes the worst part of a vehicle gets the most attention and blown out of proportion. Is the trouble that the 14's had significant and if so were they worked out in 15 and 16? Or, is it generally the case that once the Cat converter is sorted out the 14's are good to go. I'd appreciate some insight...thanks.
I have a 2016 for sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts