Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep’s diesel-powered Grand Cherokee is on track to hit U.S. dealers at the end of the first-quarter 2013, and will make it's appearance in Detroit at the North American International Auto Show in January. Jeep President and CEO Mike Manley says of the pending launch, “Jeep had a diesel in the Liberty, and even though the volumes were relatively small, that was a very much-loved vehicle. People bought it and loved the diesel. If the emails and the letters I’ve gotten from Jeep customers are anything to go by, it will be very, very good.”

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel model will pack a turbocharged 3.0L V6 that puts out 237 horsepower and a whopping 406lb-ft lbs of torque, 16 more pound-feet than the powerful 5.7L Hemi V8 currently offered. That power will be pushed to all four wheels via a 6-speed automatic transmission and we can expect that the diesel-powered Jeep will feature the same high tech four wheel drive system options as the other Grand Cherokee’s in the lineup.

Some small cosmetic changes are on the way for the Cherokee line up as well. Spy shots have indicated that a new set of thin HID headlights featuring LED trim will compliment a slimmer grille with a surround that incorporates the headlights and air opening into one big area. Word is that we can expect new, larger LED tail lights to arrive on the all new 2014 Grand Cherokee.

Demand and popularity for Diesel powered vehicles continues to rise in the US and Manley acknowledged this this trend. He says:

I see that growth continuing as people realize that diesels not only offer great fuel economy, but also good driving dynamics in a clean way, I see that part of the segment continuing to grow.
We agree wholeheartedly and await anxiously for the Jeep Cherokee Diesel to hit showroom floors.

Via: Wards Auto

1 - 1 of 1 Posts