Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
So my wife and I were about to upgrade vehicles (we are expecting our third kiddo and need something bigger) when our 2015 JGC ED threw an engine code. Long story short, the dealer just called and said due to the recently performed EGR recall, which was installed incorrectly, our engine will be replaced through warranty. So, with our plan to upgrade anyways, trying to gauge what to do (repair and sell, or just fight the dealer and jeep for money back). Just interested to know would there be any interest in purchasing a jeep like this. 2015 limited 4x4JGC ED, fully loaded. 50k miles current, but will have brand new engine. Just curious if there would be interest in this at all? Thanks.

·
Administrator
29 Posts
Hello everyone.
So my wife and I were about to upgrade vehicles (we are expecting our third kiddo and need something bigger) when our 2015 JGC ED threw an engine code. Long story short, the dealer just called and said due to the recently performed EGR recall, which was installed incorrectly, our engine will be replaced through warranty. So, with our plan to upgrade anyways, trying to gauge what to do (repair and sell, or just fight the dealer and jeep for money back). Just interested to know would there be any interest in purchasing a jeep like this. 2015 limited 4x4JGC ED, fully loaded. 50k miles current, but will have brand new engine. Just curious if there would be interest in this at all? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum.

Having a new engine should certainly help with the sale of a 6-year-old vehicle, so you should be better off than you were. Good luck with the sale.

What money would you expect to get back from Jeep or the dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. We aren’t quite sure yet to be honest. Never been through anything like this before. With the engine being toast due to their defective recall part or faulty install, we are hoping we got get close to what we paid for it (considering the cost of installing a new engine).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts