Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy with the NAV. Keyboard is locked out when moving. Does anyone know any way to disable this feature? Points of Interest search very limited without use of keyboard. Can not enter an address when moving. Copilot (wife) would really like to look for POIs during driving or enter navigation addresses when moving.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most newer vehicles lock you out from typing in information while you drive.
Safety at its finest :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nanny State. There must be a hack? Using voice to enter an address when driving is worse than letting the copilot (wife) enter the address.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet you push three buttons at the same time to get into a SW test area that would let you do a whole lot of things of interest. You just have to know which buttons to push. It is routine to have back door access to enable lockout functions. Eventually someone will come up with a hack. Whatever, I do love my GC Limited 4X4 diesel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread but check out customtronix. They have ways to do all sort of things like adding additional cameras and unlocking the keyboard while in motion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What head unit do you have in your Jeep? Is it a factory deck or an aftermarket one? Most of the aftermarket ones have bypasses or cheats available. Stock ones I'm not sure about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts