Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Time for an introduction.

I'm a former Diesel Truck Driver in upstate NY. I used to deliver Fuel Products for a number of years and missed driving a diesel. A few years ago I purchased a diesel 2011 VW Golf TDI which has delivered great performance and fuel economy.

My wife and I are aging and while I love my VW, it just does not provide the comfort levels we would like to have. I've looked at all the available diesel options and none quite make my standards. That was until I saw my first Jeep Grand Cherokee with an EcoDiesel in it. I am so close to being hooked I can't express it!

So I've started my search, and found one near work the other day. Plan on at least taking a joy ride in it soon.

To afford this beast I'll have to give up my VW and my Jeep Wrangler, but I'll still have a Jeep and that matters to me. My last Grand Cherokee was a 2003 with the straight 6 and the Selec-Trac 4WD system. That was one of the most stable and capable Snow Belt vehicles I've ever owned.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
218 Posts
My last GC was a 2002 Limited. It was a great vehicle, no problems and I debated whether or not to get rid of it. I bought a 2014 GC Overland and I absolutely love it. It's a whole different animal from the old one. I think you'll like it just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well good luck to ya. I have been driving mine now for about three weeks. It is seriously the most money I have ever spent on a vehicle, more then I ever expected I would, but I am very glad I made the decision to go with the diesel.

Let us know how ya make out.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts