Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just traded in my 2014 MB GLK 250 twin turbo diesel, 27-30 mpg city and 32-57 mpg highway for 2018 Jeep GC trailhawk ecodiesel. I put 1800k miles on it and getting only 16.5 mpg city and 22mpg highway. That’s pretty bad mpg for a diesel. When driving on a highway at 75mph and with only 200 miles a warning popped up saying regeneration in progress keep driving. It happened twice within one hour. Is it normal?
Is the mpg gonna improve with more miles?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I average 19mpg city and 22 highway now, at 37k miles. It seems to have gotten progressively worse. Used to be 22 city and 28 highway.

They tell me it will get better with each fix (mine is 2014), but it doesn’t.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That sure doesn't sound right. I know I have a heavy foot most of the time and when my Limited was stock I got about 25 mpg all the time since I have done some major off road mods it has gone up to about 30 mpg on the hwy at 75 mph. Two regens within 200 mi doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Definitely doesn't sound right on the regen. I have a 2014 and if I'm driving on the highway for an extended period of time it never has ever displayed the regen message. It'll do it from time to time if I haven't taken it on the highway in a while but I sort of expect that. I get about 20 mpg in town, but still 28-30 on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts