Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new to us 2015 JGC is almost due for an oil change. I'm having a difficult time finding Rotella T6 (5W-40). I have read that Mobil 1 Delvac meets the CK-4 specification...so I guess it is OK to use; and I can find it locally. Has anyone had any experience with this oil? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I ran into the same problem last year. My friend gave me 8 quarts of the Mobil 1 Delvac, full synthetic oil, when the Shell Rotella was no where to be found. I had only run the Shell Rotella, since new, in 2015.

I inquired directly by emailing Mobil1. The technical department sent me an email confirming their full synthetic Delvac met or exceeded all the specs for the 2015 Jeep ecodiesel. Didn't have any any problems and would use it again ....especially if it were a gift !

I was pleasantly surprised to find how easy it is to change the oil on this vehicle, as the oil plug and filter are both easy to reach - and don't make a mess upon removal.

When you do your oil changes - be sure to let it drain for a good 30 minuites !

If your Jeep doesn't have a ECM that was modified (SFK or GDE ...etc) think about investing in one. How well they clean up soot in the oil is justification enough - not to mention better throttle response and fuel economy. Highway trips during the summer I usually see 30-31 mpg. The mpg's start dropping down, once you go over 70. Running at 80mph usually costs about 4mpg. Best luck with your new ride !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts