Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Heath and I am new to this forum and diesel jeeps but not new to diesels. A little about myself, I have been drag racing with diesels for close to 8 years now and have been traveling the country with many cars and trucks in Top diesel, Pro mod, Super Street, super diesel (11.90 or 12.0 index), and some bracket racing. As well as some sled pulling with dodges.

As of yesterday my "soon to be" wife and I picked up a Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel and I love it so far. It is the Overland package with the Quadra-Trac II four wheel drive system. We have been looking for a while for one that has the tow package and the limited package but we came across this one that was on the used lot across the street. It had 1008 miles on it and ran great. Only issue is a curb rash wheel and a scuffed fuel door. the price was the same as the limited two wheel drive with no tow package so we jumped on it. I do plan on doing a little bracket racing in the diesel sanction body NHRDA next year.

Hope to contribute to this site as much as possible, I've been looking at it quite a bit before we bought one and it helped for sure. Now we are just waiting on tuning and DPF delete software.
photo.JPG

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have someone with performance diesel experience onboard. There are a few tuners that already have DPF/DEF/CAT delete tunes up and running on their own vehicles. They are saying they won't offer it to the public because of big brother. We'll see how long that holds up...so we wait.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Howdy Heath,

Is that an Odessa sunset in the picture? I've got my little piece of Heaven between San Angelo and Brady. Look forward to hearing/learning about performances upgrades. Just got a new cat ordered for our 3.0...usual multitude of CEL's.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts