Diesel Jeep Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had VA7 installed on July 29 at 64,600 miles on my 2016 Overland. (They also show a W41 recall update on the invoice. Same thing or something else new?) I'm now at 66,000 miles and will be calling the dealership tomorrow to schedule an appointment to see what they did to almost totally destroy my Jeep - under certain circumstances the thing shudders and shakes like the engine/transmission is going to fall out! It seems to happen mostly within the first 10-15 miles of driving and at shift points - feels kind of like the tranny is hunting between two gears and can't decide which to use. However, using the paddles to manually select a gear doesn't stop the "shakes" from continuing. Wish I'd never had AEM or VA7 done. I'm thinking about getting the GDE hot tune and be done with FCA's garbage software.
My guess (& only a guess) is that you have something else going on with your Jeep unrelated to the VA7 or W41. Best of luck at the dealer.

Do some homework on GDE & others before making decision on tune. GDE has changed a few things since EPA shut them down almost a year ago. I have SKT in my Jeep & GDE (old version w/o tranny tune) in my Ram. If money was no object & I could choose either, I would probably have SKT in both.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts