Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first time posting here. I used this forum to research the jeep before purchasing so I had an idea of what was to come. I ended up buying a 2015 GC Limited 4x4 fully loaded. It only had about 85k miles on it and was well taken care of. Already had the AEM update and was running fine. I ended up buying it figuring that it was a lucky one with no issues or it would end up being bad but covered by warranty.

Well after the test drive I had a 5hr drive home. I was averaging 28mpg which was great and had no issues. Long story short the engine blew at the 4 hour mark and I'm now getting a brand new engine for free.

My question is, is there anyone that's had the engine replaced with a new one and kept the vehicle? I'm wondering if with the brand new engine if that that tends to resolve any new issues and will lead to a long happy life with the jeep. Or if I should take advantage of having a car with 0 miles on it and resell it for a profit. I really like the jeep so if I can get some positive feedback on life after engine replacement I'd like to keep the jeep.

Also, is there anything I should keep an eye on after replacement? Known issues that tend to come up?

Thanks for any info you guys have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keeping our fingers crossed, bought a 2014 GC Overland 111,000 miles.
Had the the AEM and as well came with a 12mo/12K warranty from dealer.
Sure hope it lasts because we love it.
Debating on an extended warranty.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts