Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We are considering a 2017 GC Diesel. Was looking for input on how things have improved with issues. The way I read things 2014 was a tough year, but it sounds like things have improved 2015-2016 models. I am coming from a VW Touareg TDI, which has had lots of expensive issues, I love my diesels though.

Had many Jeeps over the years, starting with a old 65 Wagoneer that I helped my dad put a 307 Chevy in when I was a teenager (long ago). 70 Cherokee, 78 Honcho, 3 GC gasers, 2 4.0 Cherokees, and a CJ7. Always loved them ( especially the Honcho).

Terry

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think issues have been addressed. Just watch where you buy! I posted FCA top dealers under 'Diesel purchasing' --- that might be a good start since there are some BAD ones out there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently purchased a new 2016 GC Diesel in NC. I've had it for about a month. No issues (as to be expected). I did notice a high pitch hissing noise near the back drive side when I parked the car but left if on. I presume thats normal?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes- there is activity with the 'air suspension' when you turn it off- but I don't know about a 'hissing sound' unless you might have a leak on a fitting. What I normally hear is the pump and check valves making a sound for short period about 3-5 minutes after I turn it off. The air suspension is probably based off of Daimler's- since the ML 350 is virtually the same vehicle (rear suspensions are identical). I know the air suspension is a 'closed system'- so its response time is fairly quick!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have the air suspension. I will check it again tomorrow if I hear it and if I do I will call the dealer and ask. I don't even have 1000 miles on it yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got a 16 GC Summit 4x4 and mine adjusts the Air Suspension after leaving vehicle. Sometimes the pumps goes on and sometimes you hear the hissing of air coming out. Watch and I bet you can see the vehicle adjusting itself. so far, so good! 6200 miles in three weeks, Very impressed so far.

Dan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes - I guess Danncsu has a Limited - since I think the 'air suspension' is standard on the Overland and Summit. I never used it- but there is a setup option to 'completely lower it' on parking to make getting in and out easier, too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the Air Suspension is on the 4X4 Summit's & OVerlands and not the two wheel drive's. As a fresh buyer, I can can attest to the Limited number of vehicles on lots especially the 4x4 Diesel's. Only one loaded Summit 4x4 in Ivory White in the Country. I have not seen in any 2017 Diesel's in stock but not really looking anymore.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts