Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been browsing the forums for the past month or so and decided it was time to join so I can participate. We just purchased an off-lease 2015 GC Summit with the 3.0L diesel engine. This is my first diesel, but my second GC, also having a 1995 GC Laredo that I can't bear to part with. The "new" vehicle was intended to be our extra car/tow vehicle. My primary car is a 2013 Mazda 3, but my wife can't drive it because it's a manual.

I'm loving the Jeep so much that I am tempted to make it my daily driver. In my first 1,000 miles, I'm averaging 28.5 mpg, though that does include a big highway chunk--maybe 500 miles that is somewhat offset by some forest service roads.

One big reason I searched for and began reading this board is because this is my first diesel. I absolutely love the engine but I am worried by some of the posts I see. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions in the coming months but hopefully, I'll be able to share some of my own experiences to other new owners.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts