Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! We picked up our new 2016 Vision 19RB travel trailer yesterday and brought it home. Used a Husky weight distribution system/sway control and the Jeep had no problem towing it or stopping it (bought brake controller from E Trailer). Traveled about 30 miles to get home on some pretty steep hills. Left it is Sport mode and it did ok...I liked it better controlling it myself (and more fun) using the paddle shifters! Dry weight is approx 3200 lbs and fully outfitted would weight 5200 lbs.
Backing it into our long winding driveway was an adventure in itself...but managed it no problem!
I ll post pictures when we go camping!
18,000 trouble free miles!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Howdy all! We picked up our new 2016 Vision 19RB travel trailer yesterday and brought it home. Used a Husky weight distribution system/sway control and the Jeep had no problem towing it or stopping it (bought brake controller from E Trailer). Traveled about 30 miles to get home on some pretty steep hills. Left it is Sport mode and it did ok...I liked it better controlling it myself (and more fun) using the paddle shifters! Dry weight is approx 3200 lbs and fully outfitted would weight 5200 lbs.
Backing it into our long winding driveway was an adventure in itself...but managed it no problem!
I've been thinking about doing something like that. I used to tow our old Airstream with our previous JGC V-8 using weight distribution hitch and air bag lifts on the rear axel. Never had a problem. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on the trailer and keep us posted on your adventures.

Reactions: blip

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool here's my trail I tow. Towed it 700 miles or so with the new jeep. The Jeep towed it like a Boss. tow it over the Rockies up to 10,000 ft. From colorado to Las vegas.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's my set up

Took it from Utah to Mt. Rushmore this past summer. Great towing beast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cool, I had a jay flight 22fb my self. I down sized to the Retro 177SE.
Awesome to hear the good news on how the Jeep handled your trailer. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts