Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Buy-back ain't gonna ever happen, folks. FCA is WAY TOO Cheap.
Irrelevant tire rant notwithstanding, if the government sues FCA in the same way that they sued VW, it really isn't up to FCA what the resolution is. VW had to either buy back (and give $) or repair (and give $) their diesel vehicles that were found to have emission control defeat devices on them. Why would FCA be treated differently?

· Registered
148 Posts
Just read the entire legal complaint as filed by the EPA. As to be expected, the document is loaded with typical legal-speak and unspecified conclusions. As the owner of a new 2016 GC Summit ecodiesel with 1,544 miles I will continue to watch for updates and hope that the EPA and DOJ will pursue more relaxed guidelines. This is an outstanding vehicle!
I love my 2014 GC also. But I'm not sure how you can say there are unspecified conclusions. The conclusion in the letter shared above, sent from the EPA to FCA lists 8 specific emission control devices that they feel are consistent with defeat devices (meaning, FCA installed these items in the emission control system and did not tell the EPA that they were in there, or describe their function), which cause the vehicle to emit more NOx than FCA represented the vehicle would. It's definitely worth watching how this progresses (lots can change in the next week also, given the incoming administration's difference of opinion with regard to the EPA.)

· Registered
148 Posts
I don't believe the potential fix being discussed in this thread is released yet, as the EPA has not yet certified the 2017 model year engines that have the fixed software in them. I'm fairly positive this would be treated as a recall anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.