Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has purchased those oil filters you can get for about $10 each on ebay? I'm no longer taking my JGC to a dealership as I'm sick of paying $100+ for a simple oil change. The MOPAR-branded filters are $40...also a rip off in my opinion. What does everyone else do/use? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I bought my air filter and fuel filter's off E bay and have had no problem's .I was Crazy enough to buy into there Oil change package 3 for 120 each or something like that .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone change there oil themselves?
also what type oil did you use. I have a Cummins in 2500 and use Shell Rotella T
just wondering what some are using when they change themselves in the Jeep?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try $80 at my local dealer! I still don't trust the filters on eBay - just get them on Amazon and save a few bucks and without the worries of a likely counterfeit filter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to "CMA" for my new Jeep WK2 ecodiesel, I bought the Mopar filter on Amazon from the Swift Jeep Dealer. Saved a few bucks. I bought Mobil 1 ESP oil (C3 rated) from Amazon for $10 a liter delivered. Yes, oil changes for diesels ain't cheap. But you are getting 30mpg, and no tune-ups. And the thing will be running after the gas engine car has been melted down and turned into a Kia. Send those emails to Fram and Mann. The $10 filter will come.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Autozone sells an ST_ oil filter for Jeep diesel that is less than $10.00. I'm 70 years old and still do my own oil changes with Shell Rotella 5w-40 bought at Home D. (they also give 10% discount to vets) No problems with oil change reset either. About $60.00 at home versus $140.00 + at dealer, no appointments, no driving to dealer, no waiting and worrying that they will present you with an even higher bill for some other problem(?) they found.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Autozone sells an ST_ oil filter for Jeep diesel that is less than $10.00. I'm 70 years old and still do my own oil changes with Shell Rotella 5w-40 bought at Home D. (they also give 10% discount to vets) No problems with oil change reset either. About $60.00 at home versus $140.00 + at dealer, no appointments, no driving to dealer, no waiting and worrying that they will present you with an even higher bill for some other problem(?) they found.
I buy my DEF fluid at Walmart.....$7.95....was paying $12 at NAPA...both better than MOPAR's $20
Not done oil change yet, is the Jeep Diesel the same filter as the RAM 3.0 diesel?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts