Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else had the P2002 engine code (Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold B1)? My 2014 GC Diesel has had this error popping up for a while. I manually clear it, since during a regen it's suppose to burn off buildup, but the code seems to return. New DPF is ~$3k. At 57k miles its out of warranty, but if I need to replace it I may buy an extended warranty. Rear lift gate won't stay up any longer either after it opens, so another reason I'm eyeing an extended warranty...
Has anyone else had the P2002 engine code (Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold B1)? My 2014 GC Diesel has had this error popping up for a while. I manually clear it, since during a regen it's suppose to burn off buildup, but the code seems to return. New DPF is ~$3k. At 57k miles its out of warranty, but if I need to replace it I may buy an extended warranty. Rear lift gate won't stay up any longer either after it opens, so another reason I'm eyeing an extended warranty...
Have a 17 eco diesel, in the shop for two months for a EGR recall,got it back,two days later it throws the DPF code,they said it was a glitch,two days later,same code,took it back,bad sensor for the DPF,two days later ( today,5-29) throws the same code again!! Dropped it off at 2:30 this pm!!! In the last three months,I’ve actually had my truck for about 9 days. This is my ninth ram since ‘94, didn’t have problems with any of them. This crap is getting old,really fast!

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple of thoughts...

I would be starting a lemon law case, especially if you have documented the lack of use of your truck for over 60 days.

Being that it's the Ram you're dealing with, you might get more input/help over on ram1500diesel.com than this site. This site is primarily Jeep diesels & doesn't get much traffic.
contacted Chrysler care when I dropped it off on Friday,they’re suppose to call me on Monday. We‘ll see how that goes. Thanks for the info on the rams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.