Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, March 10th-ish I drove my Jeep without DEF bc I couldn't find any down the backroads I was taking from Lubbock TX to San Antonio. I figured as long as I put DEF in before I turned off my vehicle all would be fine. Well, I guess all was not fine and my vehicle refused to restart because of some EPA bs. Anywho, I googled and found that you could bypass the starter relay by using a piece of wire across the starter relay pins once removed. I guess I touched the wrong pins and fried something on my Jeep. I had my Jeep hauled to a dealership and they said that I fried the PCM. Jeep has no expected date on the part as it is backordered. I located plenty online that are remanufactured.

So, here's my question. What, if any, experience do you have with using rebuilt/reprogrammed PCMS and, while I'm replacing stuff, is there an aftermarket better PCM than the stock part? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.