Diesel Jeep Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've changed jobs & that has significantly dropped my miles per week. I was doing 4-500 miles per week. Now I'm lucky to get 200 miles in a week. No complaints, now I'm going 2-3 weeks without filling up.

I took a 200 mile trip this weekend rolling past 59k overall. Still averaging ~30 MPG. I also had my 1st regen message pop up for 10-15 miles. I was just getting on the highway when it came on. No noticeable difference.

Happy trails!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hit 60,000 about a month ago. Had the dealer do the maintenance on the Jeep.
Still runs good. About 27mpg overall, 15 when towing 6000lbs.
UConnect did an automatic update. Messed everything up.
Navigation doesn't work anymore .
Almost time to replace Good Year Wranglers (kevlar). 36K miles on those.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just completed first required service i.e. oil change, tire rotation etc. at 6,900 miles. No problems, however, $52.00 in Mopar DEF...ouch! JGC Summit 4x4 EcoDiesel prefers to run at 73-74 MPH (sweet spot) and turns in a very respectable 33.8 MPG.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just finished hauling ~5000 lbs of trailer with tractor. Avg 16 mpg through Ozark mtns of central mo. Then caught a nice tail wind & bumped up to 18 mpg. Got back to town & I think I may have gotten a tank of winter fuel . Getting 28 running solo.

Kobe - Last vehicle was Chevy Duramax. I could get +20 solo on highway, but I needed to make more $$ when hauling.

·
Registered
124 Posts
40,000 on a 2014 Limited 2wd. Still has original tires but I put snow tires on it in the winter and weight in the rear cause the ass-end is a little light. The winter tires probably have about a third or the 40k. Back up camera had to be replaced at about 32k and of course the cat. I will be draging my trailer back up to NH soon to check out the leaves. I love this vehicle.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just purchased a 2015 Overland with 78,000 miles. Yes, the previous owner did a lot of driving in the 2 years and 3 months owned. Must have been in travelling sales? Anyway, I've really enjoyed the vehicle in the one week I've owned it, and is a vast technological improvement over my previous 1998 ZJ (with 257,000 miles). Yup, I plan for this 2015 to take me into retirement, lol. (although, the check engine light came on today, sigh....).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man you guys have me worried. Not getting the mileage anywhere near what you folks are getting. I'm mostly a highway commute to work 32KM each way. But I do frequently mix in some city errands as well.

2015 GC Overland; 87K km (54K miles); purchased used in December w/ 82K. Best run I can recall was about 24MPG. But on average I'm usually in the 22MPG range. Haven't had a chance to truly hit the open road yet. Most hwy I've done one way is about 190km (118 miles).

Toronto has also been bitterly cold this winter and I definitely notice a down tick when the mercury drops. So I'm hoping that warmer temperatures and a new set of all-seasons will improve my efficiency.

For those of you hitting the 26-30 MPG range, what average speeds do you do? I know my 77-84mph range is also negative contributor to my mileage. But damn if I can prevent myself from that. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
EcoRyan- My 2016 GC Summit (9,008 mileage) likes to run at 73-74 mph on the highway, moderate weather, and I get between 31-33 MPG's on cruise control, depending upon elevation. Local driving, without using A/C, I consistently get around 24 MPG and approximately 20 MPG in the mountains.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My 2014 GC Limited (43,500 miles) will also easily get 30-32 mpg at around 75 mph on the highway. In town, I get between 20-24 but I drive very short distances to work so it doesn't get much of a work out. (I do have another car I drive the short distance to work now also)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Purchased in July 2015....4x4 Overland with Quadra Lift, I have 84,000 Miles on it now. Only problem was one of the DEF Tank sensors went kaput and the whole DEF tank had to be replaced around the 70,000 mile mark. Thankfully I purchased the extended warranty or else it would of been a $3000 dollar hit.

I avg 26-27 hwy and around 24-25 city. I was averaging 30 mpg on the hwy with the stock Latitude tires on it. But I've upgraded to a more aggressive all terrain tire.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.