Diesel Jeep Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Man you guys have me worried. Not getting the mileage anywhere near what you folks are getting. I'm mostly a highway commute to work 32KM each way. But I do frequently mix in some city errands as well.

2015 GC Overland; 87K km (54K miles); purchased used in December w/ 82K. Best run I can recall was about 24MPG. But on average I'm usually in the 22MPG range. Haven't had a chance to truly hit the open road yet. Most hwy I've done one way is about 190km (118 miles).

Toronto has also been bitterly cold this winter and I definitely notice a down tick when the mercury drops. So I'm hoping that warmer temperatures and a new set of all-seasons will improve my efficiency.

For those of you hitting the 26-30 MPG range, what average speeds do you do? I know my 77-84mph range is also negative contributor to my mileage. But damn if I can prevent myself from that. :p
Being you're from up north... You maybe seeing the effects of winter fuel blend. I notice a 3-4 mpg drop when running winter blended diesel.

I'm up to just shy of 75k on mine. Time to get new tranny fluid & diff fluids. Also traded the wife's Durango in for a 2014 Ram EcoD . It only has 34k on it... For now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Being you're from up north... You maybe seeing the effects of winter fuel blend. I notice a 3-4 mpg drop when running winter blended diesel.
interesting. I'll be sure to monitor that. Haven't had much look researching whether there is any way to know when fuel providers switch up their blends. I guess it's something they'd rather not publicize.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
interesting. I'll be sure to monitor that. Haven't had much look researching whether there is any way to know when fuel providers switch up their blends. I guess it's something they'd rather not publicize.
Most clerks may not have a clue what you're talking about. Might have to talk to manager of station. I noticed when I was in Minnesota that the station where I filled up at had a sign posted on the diesel pump with when they would have winter mix. In Missery, most stations run winter mix from mid-October to end of March. You will see a difference when it's switched.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I'm pleased to say this weekend I hit 7.9L/100 KM (29.8 MPG).

Did some highway driving a little north-west of Toronto. The speed limits on those local highway roads force you to stay in 80-110 km/hr (50-68 mph) range. Not to mention a lot more fun to drive. I think if I had a further distance to go I would have got even better mileage out of it.

For some of you getting exceptional mileage, I'm curious what size wheels you're running on; 18" or 20"?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
My mileage has slowed down considerably... 81k now. Had the tranny flushed & prob need to do the diffs soon. Still getting 28-29 on the highway with Cooper AT3 tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
re-post: Our 2016 GC Summit EcoDiesel (purchased 10/2016) completed a 5,227 mile summer trip throughout the west and northwest. The GC performed flawlessly averaging 31.3 MPG overall. Travel was city, highway, mountain (much of which was above 7K feet) in heavy traffic, included 80 MPH speed limits and temps ranging from 30-101 degrees. The GC Summit began the the adventure with approximately 10K miles and
performed best at speeds of 74-77 MPH

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just hit 90k over the weekend on my 2014 JGC ECOD green diesel tuned. flopro delete. Banks monster exhaust. Anyone have any tips on doing tranny and diff fluid?

·
Registered
9 Posts
80K too many exhaust issues dealer has replaced all parts the exhaust filter the sensors even the pcm i have to regenerate sometimes up to 3 times in one week and seems impossible in so cal driving every time i come to a freeway merge I have to slow down almost stop last week it took me over 50 min to regen

·
Registered
13 Posts
80K too many exhaust issues dealer has replaced all parts the exhaust filter the sensors even the pcm i have to regenerate sometimes up to 3 times in one week and seems impossible in so cal driving every time i come to a freeway merge I have to slow down almost stop last week it took me over 50 min to regen
Vanessa. You need to delete. You’ll never ever regret it. But Cali might give you some trouble? My suggestion is get close to an inspector. Lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes...regens in this machine are extremely frustrating occurrences and always seem to happen at the WORST times. If you're not doing so already...when a regen is requested start using the paddle shifters and keep the rpm's around 2500-3000. This will greatly improve regen times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone following this post have an updated milage? Looking at a 14 JGC Limited that has about 122k Miles and curious as to how your guys’ is still trucking along? Any issues with it at the point it’s at now?
TIA!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts