Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everybody, my first post here. Is it not possible to get QDII with the diesel? If so, does anybody know why? Is QTII good in deep snow?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quadra-Drive II is only available with the 3.0L diesel and Hemi V8 engine options.

Along with what mazster stated about it being a stand-alone option, it's also included as part of the Offroad Adventure II group.

Had it on my previous two Grand Cherokees. It is hands down the best 4WD system I've ever owned and it's excellent in deep snow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking to buy the GC Limited 4x4 with Diesel, and ORA2.

Two different dealers have one on their lot and sticker shows ORA2 includes Quadra-Drive II and Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential with a sticker price for the ORA2 at $2495.

Another dealer has one in route, but it's ORA2 package does NOT include Quadra-Drive II and Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential with a sticker price for the ORA2 at $1795.

Build & Price at jeep.com also now shows the ORA2 with a sticker price at $1795, and notes that Quadra-Drive II and Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential are not available with some configurations.

Guess I need to buy one off the lot soon...

Mike

Quadra-Drive II is only available with the 3.0L diesel and Hemi V8 engine options.

Along with what mazster stated about it being a stand-alone option, it's also included as part of the Offroad Adventure II group.

Had it on my previous two Grand Cherokees. It is hands down the best 4WD system I've ever owned and it's excellent in deep snow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have my jeep grand cherokee limited ordered, should be arriving any day now. I also have the off road II package I payed 1795 for the option on my diesel that option automatically gives you the QD II system no worries. I spoke also with Chrysler corporate just to make sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFBM0EC379854 check this link out from your phone, if you get a chance this the built sheet for the one I ordered which I am getting tomorrow definitely worth the weight. Anyhow when I look at the build sheet from my phone and I go under options it shows the electronic limited slip differentials, which only an option on the QD II system but open this link from your mobile phone and you will see it, open the link you posted with your phones web browser you will see the same thing under options

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your quote doesn't show QDII or Electronic Limited Slip Differential. If you get it, then great, but it's not shown in the sticker.

Here's two on dealer lots that lists the QDII/ELSD as part of the ORA2 package for $2495
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFBM6EC298616
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFBM5EC298378

Here's one in transit that does not have QDII/ELSD, and has the ORA2 package at $1795 (and raised the base price by $100). This looks outfitted similar to yours.
http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFBM9EC383983

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4RJFBM0EC379854 check this link out from your phone, if you get a chance this the built sheet for the one I ordered which I am getting tomorrow definitely worth the weight. Anyhow when I look at the build sheet from my phone and I go under options it shows the electronic limited slip differentials, which only an option on the QD II system but open this link from your mobile phone and you will see it, open the link you posted with your phones web browser you will see the same thing under options

·
Registered
33 Posts
CLOSEOFF-ROAD ADVENTURE II
$1,795 / $28 A MONTH

Electronic Limited-Slip Rear Differential
Electronic limited-slip differentials can rapidly transfer up to 100 percent of available torque to any wheel, along each axle.
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
The fuel tank skid plate shield helps protect your fuel tank from rocks and on-road debris.
Quadra-Drive II® 4WD System
The Quadra-Drive II® 4WD system provides advanced control and capability. It includes an active full-time transfer case with an electronically controlled clutch pack and axles with electronic limited-slip differentials for quick response. Quadra-Drive is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.
Quadra-Lift™ Air Suspension
Selec-Speed™ Control
Skid Plate Group
Tow Hooks
Trailer Tow Group IV
7 and 4 Pin Wiring Harness
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Delete Rear Tow Hook
Full Size Spare Tire
Steel Spare Wheel
Rear Load Leveling Suspension
"Trail Rated" Badge
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Underbody Skid Plate

·
Registered
33 Posts
So yes it comes with that package, I think the ones priced 2495 for that package are early production ones you can tell those vehicles were probably built back April or May but have seeing at the plant but from I understand they lowered the price of the option in September, everything is the same just for less money

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pulled the trigger tonight. A dealer had a black one on the lot with the $2495 ORA2 price and a silver one in transit with the $1795 price but no QDII/ELSD listed. Racked up miles on the black one but bought the silver.

I asked about why QDII/ELSD isn't listed. They said if it lists Quadra-Lift, then QDII/ELSD is included. Should arrive in the next week or two, so we will see then.

All the invoices I posted before are in the San Diego area.

Mike

So yes it comes with that package, I think the ones priced 2495 for that package are early production ones you can tell those vehicles were probably built back April or May but have seeing at the plant but from I understand they lowered the price of the option in September, everything is the same just for less money

·
Registered
33 Posts
Merry Christmas can't think of a better gift to ourselves then a new vehicle, my vehicle showed up last night to the dealer going to pick it up Friday evening what a way to start off the weekend. Hey question for you are they charging you extra too add the navigation function of the unconnect? And what kind of deal did you get on the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I certainly would rather pay $1795 for the same stuff. I wonder if omitting it from the window sticker is just an oversight? Has anybody physically seen one of the $1795 packages and looked at the vehicle to see if it has the QDII? (I personally would not know what to look for)

·
Registered
19 Posts
They wanted like $595 to do the software upgrade to add nav to the non-nav (8.4A) vehicle. Supposedly the only capability it won't do is the 3D maps if it's added later. Still trying to search for details to verify that's true.

Limited 4x4, Diesel, Luxury Group II, Off Road Adventure II, Nav (dealer software upgrade, not factory installed), Silver. $45k. In transit, should have within the next 2 weeks.

Would like to see you verify QDII/ELSD on yours when you get it Friday. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts