Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had an oil change and I think an "update" at the dealer a few weeks ago. Thanks to this forum found out he is using the wrong oil (old penzoil euro) but that is another issue.

Its been getting cold here and I like to use the remote start. Since that service visit when I use it I sometimes find my truck has not started. When I do it when I can see whats going on the horn beeps only once (not twice) and the dash says 'remote start disabled'. That happens about 30% of all remote starts now. Seemingly related, once I get in the car after a failed remote start about 30% of the times it wont start with foot on brake and push button. The message on the dash will say 'service electronic throttle'. I have no messages and it does not seem to throw a code that I can read. During these rare events there is nothing I can do to get the jeep started, I am temporarily stranded. Once all the electronics went totally dead (all dash, power windows, doors) and then out of nowhere eventually restored. Usually I have to wait about 5-10 min and then it will finally start normally. When I am trying to start it usually cuts out just as the starter motor is engaging. It is not related to ambient temperature and has happened from 30F to 65F.

Ive been keeping the gauge on the batttery and have a consistent 14v running and 12v at startup. When the starter motor does finally fully engage it turns over normal speed so I do not suspect a battery issue.

I know I can ask the dealer (2015, 19k) but honestly my dealer is totally useless and does not seem to know anything about my jeep. I think its the only diesel they ever see.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you using aftermarket voltage gauge plugged in to permanent 12V outlet?

Also, I had the remote start issue happened to me twice since the update. One because of airbag problem, other time I was far away to see. When I started with button, all was fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts