Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
You would think if they wanted to replicate the problem they would just take it back to the hotel. They should at least come up with a usable workaround.. My biggest concern would be driving down the highway when the car in the lane next to you activates a WIFI hot spot in his vehicle. If you don't mind me asking.... how did they get it out of park in order to tow it? I know they use a flat bed as a rule but I would think you still have to get it to roll in order to wench it up onto the back of the truck. I'm thinking you are probably a victim of a unique set of circumstance. But a victim non the less. Perhaps they could change out the WIN in yours and give you a new set of keys. If I were in your situation I think I would have lunch every day at the Hotel and when they got tired of picking you up.... that is unless they fix it. Just a thought. Wish you luck....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thank you..... I think I can do a work around, or should I say push around armed with this info. Hopefully
i will never need to. Nor you again.
So just as I expected they could not replicate the problem but did talk to the engineers and I have been told that there are certain locations that have been reported as causing RF interferences. The great news is that if this happens supposedly you can place your key FOB against the start/stop button and press in with it and this as should allow you to start the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.