Diesel Jeep Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok I am back Rolly I just got a call from the dealer my JGC eco diesel has been at the dealer for almost a month they told me long shot but are going to replace the exhaust filter they told me its very rare they ever go out the service tech told me in all of the years there he has only seen this part replaced oonce and let me know it will be a 5K part also told me not to bring it back for the regeneration process. Told me to call Chrysler and have it bought back they are sick of dealing with me. I am not sure what to do about it I love the vehicle I bought it brand new the first year they came out. I got all the bells and whistles for almost 50K still have three years left on the payment everything about the vehicle is amazing except the exhaust issues I have constantly had. Not really sure what to do I have the Chrysler bumper to bumper extended warranty until 85K miles. My Jeep has 52K miles on it now. Any advice?
Vanessa, if you have JGC 2014 EcoDiesel, then you should have a 100K powertrain warranty and exhaust system should be covered under that warranty. If the dealer refuses to fix it, you should file a lemon law claim

·
Registered
124 Posts
My catalytic converter was replaced as were all 2014's. Then there were codes that led the mechanic at the dealership to believe the particle filter was bad. They fixed it by replacing the cat again.

I buy DEF when and where I see it on sale, Wiper blades and tires at Costco, filters from Rock auto and oil at Walmart. Diesel when I need it and see the green sign and I do not use any additives......

I do not go out of my way to drive Hwy and sometimes go weeks without going over 40....

You need a new dealership/service department.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all I feel so upset with the regeneration process happening to me about twice a week. I have 52K miles on my JGC echodiesel. The Dealer did replace my exhaust filter and less than a 100 miles the error came on to continue driving to remedy. This seems to be happening on my lunch break my Jeep is keeping me from having a life LOL. I must do as it says or it goes into limp mode. I contacted the dealer showed a picture of the message they said to continue driving I let them know that I had a life and his reply was: " there is nothing more I can do for you, contact Chrysler and request a buyback review I will no longer do repairs for this issue" So I contacted FCA and they finally called me. Oscar their Jeep Resolution person was a bit rude to me. The answer they are telling me is that I am not driving it the way I am supposed to. I need to go on more road trips. I am sorry no one ever disclosed this information to me when purchasing the vehicle. No one is willing to help at Chrysler. Not really sure what to do with this issue.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you try different diesel fuel from a different station as I mentioned up above? I had frequent regenerations with a Mobil station here and I switched to a completely different brand (Murphy USA actually) 3 tankfulls ago and I've never had the regeneration message since then. I also did not significantly alter my driving habits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very new guy here...
So a few weeks ago. I had back to back days of "Exhaust system regeneration" after driving 200 miles highway ( regeneration one day, 200 miles highway regeneration next day) and then went on @1400 mile round trip and next day " Exhaust system 100% full". No regeneration on highway there, and or during day driving around, or highway driving back

Error codes showed exhaust manifold gasket failure, full exhaust filter
136K miles
had same issue at 70K ( not 1400 mile trip)

2800.00 first fix
3500.00 this time

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very new guy here...
So a few weeks ago. I had back to back days of "Exhaust system regeneration" after driving 200 miles highway ( regeneration one day, 200 miles highway regeneration next day) and then went on @1400 mile round trip and next day " Exhaust system 100% full". No regeneration on highway there, and or during day driving around, or highway driving back

Error codes showed exhaust manifold gasket failure, full exhaust filter
136K miles
had same issue at 70K ( not 1400 mile trip)

2800.00 first fix
3500.00 this time
Don't have any suggestions but good luck!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts