Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum and I originally joined because I loved the new Jeep idea of having Diesel engines on GC. I trade in my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi engine for the new EcoDiesel, and everything was perfect until...... 3,000 miles. Let me start by saying that I am in the military and are stationed in Kodiak, AK which is a small island NW of Anchorage and have to order my jeep through the Anchorage dealer. Well, the engine light came up, the screen was showing "75% exhaust fluid full drive at highway speeds" but the problem is that Kodiak does not have a highway, the street is 55 mile limit, so it got full and now it has been parked at the shop for about 3 weeks. The small repair shop does not have the "white tool" necessary to make the repair and Chrysler is refusing to pay for my car to go to Anchorage or to facilitate the shop to get that tool (which they want to buy it). I did the research before and there is nowhere that mentions the limitations of this vehicle, one being not meant for cold small places where the regeneration process cannot happen. I now have a $50,000 brand new car at the shop. Trying to fight for what I believe is he right thing which will be they taking care of their customer and the car. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum and I originally joined because I loved the new Jeep idea of having Diesel engines on GC. I trade in my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi engine for the new EcoDiesel, and everything was perfect until...... 3,000 miles. Let me start by saying that I am in the military and are stationed in Kodiak, AK which is a small island NW of Anchorage and have to order my jeep through the Anchorage dealer. Well, the engine light came up, the screen was showing "75% exhaust fluid full drive at highway speeds" but the problem is that Kodiak does not have a highway, the street is 55 mile limit, so it got full and now it has been parked at the shop for about 3 weeks. The small repair shop does not have the "white tool" necessary to make the repair and Chrysler is refusing to pay for my car to go to Anchorage or to facilitate the shop to get that tool (which they want to buy it). I did the research before and there is nowhere that mentions the limitations of this vehicle, one being not meant for cold small places where the regeneration process cannot happen. I now have a $50,000 brand new car at the shop. Trying to fight for what I believe is he right thing which will be they taking care of their customer and the car. Any thoughts??
At 3500m, oil change light came on, had that done, they forgot to reset that warning, warning came again, then 2 days later shows 75% then while trying to drive it to regnerate, reached 100% full and went into limp mode. Had it towed to dealer where purchased, over 33 miles, paid the difference myself, since they only pay 20mi to nearest dealer. Since then, my MIL light has been on 3 different times, and is currently in shop today to replace an O2 sensor that has to be ordered from California, 3 more days and hopes to repair. Not really happy with the new car that has been to a dealer 4x in 7 months, and without a car for almost 20 days. Isn't this why you buy a new car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
forgot to mention they did a manual regenergation the first time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts