Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 GC Overland
Ok a bit of a scary situation.

Went to pass on the freeway, put the throttle all the way down and stuck for about 8-10 seconds before kicking off.
The dash displayed a lightning bolt and stated something about "electronic failure"
Fortunately knowing some tricks from racing and high performance off road machines I was able to keep it under control.

Anyone else experience this and what was found?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes this happened to me (in the past) several times when passing and pushing the pedal all the way to the floor. I probably haven't stomped on it that hard since I removed the emissions and flashed the computer because I don't need to stomp on it that hard anymore. But when it was happening I was under the assumption that it was because I have Jeep rubber floor mats on top of the stock carpet mats and thought it was getting stuck there. However, I could never prove it because as you know you can't look down when it's happening. I would slide my foot under the pedal and frantically push it upward as hard as I could. But IIRC it would last about the same amount of time you are stating. Even maybe a few seconds after I was pushing the pedal up.

Now I am starting to think this is a real bug. I would hate to lend my Jeep to one of my teenagers and have this happen. Very scary when it happened. And if it happened now I would really be scared as it is crazy powerful and fast with the delete pipes and flash.

Be safe and good luck to you, LittleG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was no where on the floor mat to get stuck on in my case. I'm sure we are not the only ones where this happened.

I love this Jeep for many different reasons. I hate this Jeep because of the emissions issues and things like this.....
Thinking about a used low mile '18 but they are probably no better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts