Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 GC Overland
Ok a bit of a scary situation.

Went to pass on the freeway, put the throttle all the way down and stuck for about 8-10 seconds before kicking off.
The dash displayed a lightning bolt and stated something about "electronic failure"
Fortunately knowing some tricks from racing and high performance off road machines I was able to keep it under control.

Anyone else experience this and what was found?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes this happened to me (in the past) several times when passing and pushing the pedal all the way to the floor. I probably haven't stomped on it that hard since I removed the emissions and flashed the computer because I don't need to stomp on it that hard anymore. But when it was happening I was under the assumption that it was because I have Jeep rubber floor mats on top of the stock carpet mats and thought it was getting stuck there. However, I could never prove it because as you know you can't look down when it's happening. I would slide my foot under the pedal and frantically push it upward as hard as I could. But IIRC it would last about the same amount of time you are stating. Even maybe a few seconds after I was pushing the pedal up.

Now I am starting to think this is a real bug. I would hate to lend my Jeep to one of my teenagers and have this happen. Very scary when it happened. And if it happened now I would really be scared as it is crazy powerful and fast with the delete pipes and flash.

Be safe and good luck to you, LittleG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was no where on the floor mat to get stuck on in my case. I'm sure we are not the only ones where this happened.

I love this Jeep for many different reasons. I hate this Jeep because of the emissions issues and things like this.....
Thinking about a used low mile '18 but they are probably no better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happened again 3 times in a row when accelerating with foot to the floor, the big red "electronic failure" "throttle control" light came on.
Had it in to the dealer with other issues last summer and the ecu was re-flashed however that sure didn't fix the issue.
I had to come to a complete stop one time before the pedal would come off the floor. Again, nothing to do with floor mats or linkage.
Not sure what to do next.... This is a BIG disaster awaiting to happen!

·
Administrator
54 Posts
Happened again 3 times in a row when accelerating with foot to the floor, the big red "electronic failure" "throttle control" light came on.
Had it in to the dealer with other issues last summer and the ecu was re-flashed however that sure didn't fix the issue.
I had to come to a complete stop one time before the pedal would come off the floor. Again, nothing to do with floor mats or linkage.
Not sure what to do next.... This is a BIG disaster awaiting to happen!
Was the pedal actually stuck down?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well..... we sold the 2014 ECO Overland ticking time bomb at 132,000.
Got $17,000 trade in. That was after we negotiated a great price on a 18k mile 2019 Toyota Highlander. I feel much better not have to worry about the Engine blowing, emission issues, the WOT throttle sticking they couldn't figure out etc, etc, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.