Diesel Jeep Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Houston here and just purchased a used one today. Had a silverado 1500 Z71 that I liked but the technology wasn't there and when the dealer told me they'd give me $25k for it, 2012 model, I jumped. Bought mine used, I don't buy anything new, and still under warranty. I loved driving it today. Would like to know what I should/shouldn't do as far as maintenance goes. Should I change the oil/DEF myself or should I take it in? $200 is steep but i don't want to wreck this thing after seeing the horror stories here. Also with all the recalls/updates are they much more reliable now or still having DEF issues? Currently has 47,000 miles (big highway driver) so I'm hoping any issues were already resolved.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Grats FT to your new ride. I have done so much reading, probably just like you :), before jumping on the ED. Although I don't mind the $200 every 10.000 miles, it is best if you watch and make sure they know what they are doing. From using the right oil to giving you fresh DEF (the fluid expires quicker in hot Texas garages).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Old Post but Port Arthur/ Nederland over here. Love our 2014 Limited GC, but most dealership visits have been because of the DEF system. Tank heater went out, so new tank luckily covered under warranty. Just had to fork out 680 for new DEF injector and Hose since it broke. Not covered even if it was going to shut the car down after 200 Miles. Next issue with the DEF system will warrant a trip to PPEI in lake Charles for PCM flash to delete all DEF/DPF/SCR system. Service tech says it won't void warranty, but I highly doubt it. I'm not spending any more money on crap forced to be put on my car by the government. Especially if it disables my wife's vehicle. Other than that, it tows great and the mileage cant be beat. Pulls my 4500 pound ski boat to Arkansas and back better than my Hemi does.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome Kevin,
The GDE tune deletes the engine no start "feature" in case of emission system failure. So I'm not worried of getting stuck. In case it fails, will delete like yourself, only with the GDE delete option instead of PPEI.
This will be only other equipment needed: JEEP WK2 ECODIESEL OFF ROAD PIPE

·
Registered
1 Posts
San Antonio. White 2014 Summit JGC. Just past 64,000 miles on our lease that was limited to 39,000 miles ;). i guess I will be buying it i stead of paying $4K in excess meage. Just got back from a 3200 mile round trip to Alabama beaches & NC pulling a military camping trailer. I was looking to see why Jeep wasn't building a 2018 JGC with diesel. Discovered there aren't diesels anymore, so I will definitely hold onto mine.. Love our Jeep GC and wouldn't consider a gas version.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Located in Plano, TX. I bought mine back in July 2015. Only issue I had was that a DEF tank sensor went out around the 70K mark. The warranty covered it. I currently now have over 91,000 miles on it and still enjoy driving it.

My warranty expires at 100K and I plan on deleting all the emissions crap so this little 3.0 can breathe a little bit better. I plan on keeping this thing for a while.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts