Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Diesel Grand Cherokees are finally hitting dealer lots I thought it's time for an official "I've Got Mine" thread!

·
Registered
11 Posts
October 21, 2013: Ordered Deep Cherry Red Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 diesel
October 29: Built in Detroit
October 30: Shipped
November 14: Arrived Portland, OR
November 15: Picked it up

Amazing vehicle. Someone said the 8 speed transmission was 'butter' smooth. Agree. Diesel sound is reassuringly quiet on the outside and with the insulation package on the Limited only a reassuring hum on the inside. Power from this Italian engine and German transmission are, well, amazing. Beats the socks off the V-6 gas demo we drove. Coming home we have a flat road leading up to a one mile 5% grade. In cruise control the transmission downshifted from 8th to 7th, held the speed at 60, with the rpm only going up maybe less than 250. No noise increase. Now I have two loves in my life: my wife and my Jeep.

Headlights in the Luxury Group II are stunning and the dual-pane sunroof is too cool to describe. (Makes me want to sit in the back seat someday. Maybe after I've driven this Jeep 10K.) Driving home in the dark last night the headlights illuminated two bucks standing 300 feet ahead and fifty feet off to the left of the road, giving us time to slow down. I'd say the $3,000 cost of LGII are worth the cost with all the bells and whistles provided. Fuel economy... hard to tell so far with just 50 miles - half around town and half on highway at 60mph - but the trip meter says 24.9mpg. Pretty sweet for a 4,700 pound vehicle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got mine on Thursday and I love it! I've put 530 miles on it so far and I still have a 1/4 of fuel left, and i'm sure it will only get better
IMG-20131114-00332.jpg DSC_0002.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine September 8 and picked it up last night. Black Forest Green and I still don't know what it looks like. Nicest car I've ever driven and that includes Lincolns, BMW's and Audi's!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice pics! Looks like a happy driver to me. We're definitely really happy with ours, just about 550 miles at this point, dropped to about 25.6 mpg with a bunch of really short trips in one day. Looking forward to our first road trip with it this week.

I had a major brain fart earlier this week though. Had to go get 3 5gal cans of gasoline for small engines etc. Thought they were super stable and what the hey, they all had these new nozzles that are supposed to lock out and not spill. THAT is total BS - one tipped over about 3 minutes from the house and dumped I guess at most a cup of gasoline in the cargo area - of course, at the side where it ran down into the wheel well. Been trying to clean the h#ll out of everything but as you and I know, gasoline odors are tenacious. I'm so ticked at myself and aggravated with the no spill, but yes, definitely will spill all over gas can nozzle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday. Completely and totally IN LOVE!! We had some craptastic weather last night and I could not get the wheels to spin. I had an Armada and it would spin if I thought about moving. Also, my first brand new car ever, so lots of excitement all around!

·
Registered
45 Posts
We may get to drive in some "craptastic" (love that!) weather this week. Looking forward to it! I'm assuming it'll be similar to our '12, but this one has the electronic LS rear end, the other didn't. I just hate to get it all salty so soon, oh well.

Glad you are loving yours - we're of the same sentiment over here.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts