Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership performed first oil change a couple months ago and I noticed when I checked the oil when I got home that the entire tip of the dipstick was covered in oil (way past the max line). I really didn't think anything about it, assuming they knew what they were doing (my mistake). I checked it again today and it still indicated it was too full. After sucking 1.5 quarts out of the dipstick tube I got it to read at the max line. 2 questions:
1. Should I be worried about engine damage after driving 2k miles with too much oil?
2. How could they have added 1.5 quarts too much?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dealership performed first oil change a couple months ago and I noticed when I checked the oil when I got home that the entire tip of the dipstick was covered in oil (way past the max line). I really didn't think anything about it, assuming they knew what they were doing (my mistake). I checked it again today and it still indicated it was too full. After sucking 1.5 quarts out of the dipstick tube I got it to read at the max line. 2 questions:
1. Should I be worried about engine damage after driving 2k miles with too much oil?
2. How could they have added 1.5 quarts too much?
Hate to burst your bubble. I for one, in your position would have gone back to the dealer to have it documented. Now should something go wrong down the road it's your word against theirs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts