Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
So, here it goes.
At one of my visits to the dealer going through the DEF saga, the dealer used a refractometer to check my BLUE DEF fluid. It made it through with flying colors and said it was as perfect as it can be. Lesson to be learned , Save your money and buy the blue def at a good source with a good turn over.
Next, If your a good DIY'er then you can do your own oil change and use this oil
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006A49J02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and this filter http://www.ebay.com/itm/111465041752?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT again save your hard earned cash.

· Registered
60 Posts
I suggest you find a different service department. All major truck stop DEF meets ISO 22241...in fact I would be shocked to find any DEF in this country that does not meet that spec. If you kept your receipt or know exactly when you filled up they (Pilot, Loves, Flying Jay ???) should be able to send you test reports on that batch of DEF. Its a pain in the ass to find the right person to talk to...but a few phone calls may save you a bunch of $. This nonsense that bad DEF is causing problems with the shitty Bosh emission system is ludicrous. Educate yourself through this forum and other diesel jeep treads and have another chat with your service department. Did they even test it or just claim it was bad? If they (or another service department) won't budge it will be a cheaper option to get a reprogramed ECM from Green Diesel Engineering...pretty sure that will wipe the "bad injector" problem. Personally I would not give Fiat/Chrysler a dime.
When I had my issues with the DEF....... in mid to end of 2014, 6 trips to the dealer. When the dust settled it was the new cat that ended all the headache. At some point the dealer was instructed to check the DEF and it was perfect as perfect gets.. I never bought anything besides BLUE DEF. They would need a refractometer specifically for DEF to prove their findings. They are full of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.