Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My so far problem free 2014 Limited is closing in on 10,000 miles and ready for an oil change and some of the dreaded DEF. I have read many comments on the problems of using Mopar and non-Mopar DEF and a few positive comments of filling the tank at truck stops as well. I am just curious how many of you have actually filled up at a truck stop pump without any issues? Thanks.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. I thought about doing it myself because my local dealer wants almost $300 including DEF. All the horror stories I have read on here makes me think it might be better to pay them in case problems arise. That way they won't be able to blame me.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to another dealer and they said $90-$100 for an oil change. I asked what kind of oil and they said I don't know...synthetic. I said it's a specific type it calls for. They said we will run the VIN to see what is speced, we haven't serviced an Ecodiesel yet. Should that be a red flag?

That's a great deal on the prepaid oil changes. I didn't even think about including some with the deal.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanted to share an update. I had the dealer change the oil and take care of a few TSBs. I filled up with DEF at the pump from a Love's Truckstop for $2.79 a gallon. I called their customer service line and they verified it is API Certified to ISO 22241. 200 miles without an issue yet (knock on wood). Since DEF has a shelf life that is reduced by sunlight and temperature, I would think being stored underground at a very busy truck stop would be better than what the dealer had for sale that was made in May 2014.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.