Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had the dreaded multitude of codes and weeks at the dealership. Knock on wood, she’s running pretty strong, but since getting the AEM, I’ve been disappointed with reliability issues.

I would like input from those of you that either have the GDE intact tune or the full delete and tune. Looking for how many miles and your experience. We tow a 5,500 lbs. trailer, so interested in experience with that as well.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I have had the dreaded multitude of codes and weeks at the dealership. Knock on wood, she’s running pretty strong, but since getting the AEM, I’ve been disappointed with reliability issues.

I would like input from those of you that either have the GDE intact tune or the full delete and tune. Looking for how many miles and your experience. We tow a 5,500 lbs. trailer, so interested in experience with that as well.

Thanks in advance.
This is a controversial subject and you will get a lot of fan boys who are haters.

I can tell you my experience. You can no longer get the GDE delete tune. It was originally sold as an eco tune, they did not even state they were deleting the EGR. EPA caught up with them and they shut down any support for the prior tune. If you were a prior customer they told you to pound sound. They did not even offer a discount on their current tune to prior customers.

Fast forward and now they claim they are offering an EPA approved tune. Except EPA doesn't approve tunes. They will swear up and down but will not provide any kind of proof they are approved. You just have to take their word for it. So it a matter of if you trust them or not. For me that was a big no. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me JMO.

There are other tuners out there who are not pretending to be something they are not. I'd go with one of the other tuners and an EGR delete that is my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Ecodiesel USA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts