Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple of GCs I'm looking at and both have not had their approved emissions modification done. Does that mean I'd be eligible for the $3500 payout? I've checked on the Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More site and neither car has been recalled and modified yet. Both are REALLY small dealers with hardly any online footprint and heck one wasn't even listed as a diesel car.

So would I get some cash back if I were to buy one of these? Also, does Bosch send a separate check or just the one from FCA?

·
Registered
3 Posts
For example, there are a couple of GCs I'm looking at and both have not had their approved emissions modification done. Does that mean I'd be eligible for the $3500 payout?
I’m not sure you can make a claim at this point. I think there was a deadline that already passed. Not sure though. You can probably find the answer online if you look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure you can make a claim at this point. I think there was a deadline that already passed. Not sure though. You can probably find the answer online if you look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@emiguede thanks for the prompt response, but it looks like I have time, according the FCA:
Submit a valid claim by February 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. HST
Complete the AEM by May 3, 2021

So if I buy it this weekend, I have plenty of time to submit the claim and get it taken care of.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Theoretically, you should be eligible for the settlement payment. The check (or both checks depending on which option you choose) will come directly from FCA in a very inconspicuous envelope so have fun opening every single piece of mail over the next few months :)
You won't get much help from the FCA settlement call center when you try to check on progress. They're going to say they don't have a record of you performing the AEM update at the dealership... it's not a great process.
My suggestion would be to use that money to buy an ecm tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theoretically, you should be eligible for the settlement payment. The check (or both checks depending on which option you choose) will come directly from FCA in a very inconspicuous envelope so have fun opening every single piece of mail over the next few months :)
You won't get much help from the FCA settlement call center when you try to check on progress. They're going to say they don't have a record of you performing the AEM update at the dealership... it's not a great process.
My suggestion would be to use that money to buy an ecm tune.
Thanks for this and good point on the tune. As I mentioned, I've owned a few diesel vehicles and actually self-tuned a couple of them. Not sure what kind of OBD2 enabled tuning options are available, but if I do with a GC I'd probably just contact the folks at Malone tuning and see what they might have available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts