Diesel Jeep Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 GC I bought new. The GC was a dealer demo and had 6,500 miles on it when I bought it and It came with a 100,000 factory warranty. With that said, I still took the plunge and put the GDE hot tune on it. The thing runs great and I average around 28-30 miles per gallon. Now that the FCA recall has come up due to the inner cooler problems I'm going to have to take it in to the dealer. I don't want them to re-flash my ECM so from what I can see I have two options, (I think), I still have my original factory ECM which I removed when I did the GDE upgrade. Can I just swap out the GDE ECM for the orginal factory one? or will that set off alarm bells and cause me issues at the dealer? Also, when the recall is complete can I just re-install my old GDE ECM and will it work? I called GDE and their advise was to buy the new compliant upgrade. I asked if I could just re-install the old GDE ECM and they told me they weren't sure as they had never tried to do that before. Thoughts..........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts