Diesel Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
this is from the Ram 1500 forum site:

{email just received from Pennzoil Technical Department:
"Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for your inquiry on Pennzoil Platinum Euro L. Yes the Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5w-30 is the only Pennzoil product that meets the MS-11106 specification.
If you have any further questions please call our hotline at: 1-800-237-8645, option3, 2.
Sincerely,
Pennzoil Technical Information, ds"

So, after about 30 min of me showing them the Owner's Manual and going to the Pennzoil website and showing the correct oil, the dealership installed the Pennzoil Ultra Euro L (#68001334-PB) and a new filter. While waiting for them to change the oil I received the above email from Pennzoil Tech Dept and showed to the Service Writer and Manager at the dealership. The Service writer said " I just don't get all this oil stuff." He kept trying to find an article which he supposedly read saying it was okay to use the standard Platinum oil in the EcoDiesel. He never found it.
The Part Dept keeps maintaining Chrysler told them it was okay to use the regular Pennzoil Platinum in the EcoDiesel. A phone call to the Chrysler Customer Service 1800 number was no help as they have no technical information on the oil for Chrysler products. So, I have emailed www.ramtrucks.com\RamCares expressing my concerns.

It's a sad day when Customers have to inform Dealership Service Departments correct oils and parts to use on a vehicle..
}

Is it truely TOO much to ask that the stealerships have a clue......never mind...what was I thinking?

RS

· Registered
27 Posts
Maxwell Jeep in Austin is using Rotella T-6.....they 'tell' me it's 5w-30, but on the Shell website all I find is reports for 5W-40....any thoughts? It sounds like meets the ACEA requirements for 'catalyst compatible oils for gasoline and diesel engines with after treatment devices'...I just got the new designed cat about 800 miles ago and REALLY don't want more issues....

RS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.