Diesel Jeep Forum banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
CB engineering makes a delete pipe, so you can remove the DPF and Nox system. You will need to remove your ECM (very easy, less than 5 min job) and either send it to PPE or Green Diesel engineering to have the tune installed. Both tunes will shut off the EGR.

Oh and CB Engineering sells EGR blocker plates so you can remove the EGR pipe

Reactions: 11736

·
Registered
1 Posts
CB engineering makes a delete pipe, so you can remove the DPF and Nox system. You will need to remove your ECM (very easy, less than 5 min job) and either send it to PPE or Green Diesel engineering to have the tune installed. Both tunes will shut off the EGR.

Oh and CB Engineering sells EGR blocker plates so you can remove the EGR pipe
Thanks for your feedback to others post, I've been playing catch up by seeing your input - i am also a Michigander and have a 2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel, Which kit do i get for the EGR / EGR cooler - is this the same as the Ram EcoDiesel? Who make the best EGR Kits?

·
Registered
13 Posts
new to diesel jeeps and to... diesel jeeps.
Bought my jgc limited ecodiesel with 75k in february
At 79,990 Threw that p242b c code. Took it to the dealer they wanted $600 to replace an egt sensor. I said ill do it myself. Instead i ordered the GDE offroad tune and a flo pro delete pipe.

Ecm swap was easy 10 mins if you dont drop a bolt and dont figure out the whole bracket unclips.

Dpf delete. Was a nightmare. Finding every sensor and un hooking it. Every bolt. Its like in a tornado the jeep would be gone but the dpf would still be there.
Flo pro pipe needed a few inches taken out of it. Called flo pro they said the shop might have forgotten to trim it bc that pipe fits other trucks etc.
all in. 8.5 hours later split over 2 days.

The sound is incredible. The pep that is in this thing now reminds me of my dads tundra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Typically I see 12 pounds when cruising at those speeds, sometimes 14 pounds.
Hi I live in Denver and work on an oil rig. I skimmed through and noticed you live in Colorado. I’ve never posted on here but I bought a 2014 summit eco diesel and want to delete it/tune/etc. where did you get it deleted and do you have any info that would point me in the right direction? Thank you sir.

·
Registered
6 Posts
new to diesel jeeps and to... diesel jeeps.
Bought my jgc limited ecodiesel with 75k in february
At 79,990 Threw that p242b c code. Took it to the dealer they wanted $600 to replace an egt sensor. I said ill do it myself. Instead i ordered the GDE offroad tune and a flo pro delete pipe.

Ecm swap was easy 10 mins if you dont drop a bolt and dont figure out the whole bracket unclips.

Dpf delete. Was a nightmare. Finding every sensor and un hooking it. Every bolt. Its like in a tornado the jeep would be gone but the dpf would still be there.
Flo pro pipe needed a few inches taken out of it. Called flo pro they said the shop might have forgotten to trim it bc that pipe fits other trucks etc.
all in. 8.5 hours later split over 2 days.

The sound is incredible. The pep that is in this thing now reminds me of my dads tundra.
Im getting the GDE off-road tune next week, and bought the flo-pro pipes. Any tips for getting it installed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im getting the GDE off-road tune next week, and bought the flo-pro pipes. Any tips for getting it installed?
Yeah man, so get some PB blaster, sawzall or cut off wheel for the dpf to scr flange bolts.

10 mm ratcheting wrench. For the turbo vband clamp.

When removing the sensors. I left all of them In Place but unclipped the connectors. There’s a few “nox sensors” that you can’t unclip. The whole box has to come out.

Two nuts on the actually down pipe that are hidden and don’t actually need to come fully off just loosen.

Those are the major issues I ran into and remember on the fly. But you will not regret doing it. Best $1000 and 7 hours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah man, so get some PB blaster, sawzall or cut off wheel for the dpf to scr flange bolts.

10 mm ratcheting wrench. For the turbo vband clamp.

When removing the sensors. I left all of them In Place but unclipped the connectors. There’s a few “nox sensors” that you can’t unclip. The whole box has to come out.

Two nuts on the actually down pipe that are hidden and don’t actually need to come fully off just loosen.

Those are the major issues I ran into and remember on the fly. But you will not regret doing it. Best $1000 and 7 hours.
Cool cool thanks for the tips! I crawled under the car the other day to take a look. Once you get the DPF and SCR off is it pretty simple to get to the down pipe? When i was looking i couldnt see where it was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool cool thanks for the tips! I crawled under the car the other day to take a look. Once you get the DPF and SCR off is it pretty simple to get to the down pipe? When i was looking i couldnt see where it was.
I loosened the Dpf/downpipe vband clamp from the topside under the hood with the 10mm. I had to use a long screwdriver to tap it around to loosen the crust. My jeep has 80k so that’s 80k of New England winters. Exhaust heat ups and cool downs. Etc so mine may have been tougher than some.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well i was able to get the SCR off, I cant seem to find the last couple of bolts for the DPF and the down pipe to remove. I got to the V-band on the down pipe. Ill have to crawl under the car again today and try and find the where they are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well i was able to get the SCR off, I cant seem to find the last couple of bolts for the DPF and the down pipe to remove. I got to the V-band on the down pipe. Ill have to crawl under the car again today and try and find the where they are.

It’s two nuts. The nuts are facing the top. You just need to loosen them a bit and it will slide

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok so i found the one on the lower portion, but can find the other one closer to the down pipe. Do you have any tips for reaching that one? I appreciate the help this thing has been a pain to modify

·
Registered
13 Posts
theyre about 10 inches apart slightly offset from each other. all within reach from below. i had to take out a bracket, i believe it was an NOX or o2 sensor box. there was two bolts swing it out of the way and you can get a wrench to the upper dpf nut.

·
Registered
6 Posts
theyre about 10 inches apart slightly offset from each other. all within reach from below. i had to take out a bracket, i believe it was an NOX or o2 sensor box. there was two bolts swing it out of the way and you can get a wrench to the upper dpf nut.
yea took a few more hours of laying under the car, but yea thats what i found and did was moved that sensor box out of the way, made it very easy to get to the last bolt. now i just need to cut down the middle pipe as right now the pipe is too long

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Called flo pro they said it might have been a lazy tech. But now that it’s happened twice seems to be a lack of r and d on the jeep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here.. Just wanted to give a big thanks to everybody who had previously contributed to this thread! I completed the DPF delete on my 2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel (about 70k miles) last night. Reading through this thread was extremely helpful. I purchased the PPEI 40HP custom tune package that included the 3" pipes from Flo~Pro. I also had to cut several inches off from the muffler-side of the middle pipe. Removal of the exhaust system was a beating, especially the DPF and all the hard to reach sensors, but after driving it only a few miles I am very excited about the increase in power, and not having my car tell me to "continue driving" at the most inconvenient times! (Had to take it to the dealer once after ignoring the regen and going in limp mode and costs me several hundred $$$.)

·
Read Only
6 Posts
Another new member. Purchased my 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited EcoDiesel used October 2017. ~ 50,000 miles now.

On my way home from the purchase I hit a nasty pot-hole. Luckily it was a busted belt in the tire and not a bent wheel. New set of affordable Faulken Ziex and back on the road. Anyway, worked my way through the 8 pages of this thread. Just about covered all my to-do's. In short order, I'll be changing out the fuel filters and then gathering all the necessary parts to start a exhaust/emissions overhaul. Delete delete all the way back.

Thank you all for your help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im curious to know what you find out Zimjig. I live in Beaumont and will get a tune and delete one day and wonder what the Nutcases in Houston do on Diesel tests
Apparently they only test "safety" in Texas for our Diesel GC's

·
Read Only
6 Posts
Apparently they only test "safety" in Texas for our Diesel GC's
Regarding personal diesel vehicles in Pennsylvania, we only have a safety inspection, no emissions test/inspection currently.

I have observed that the "safety" inspection can be very subjective. Depending on the inspection facility, service technicians can "look harder" for things to repair.

141 - 160 of 191 Posts