Diesel Jeep Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

New to this site also, and this thread caught my eye. I have a 2014 JGC Summit with about 91k miles on it now. So far, I have an aFe intake system, turbo baffle delete tube, GDE 60hp tune, GDE trans tune, and 3" exhaust from the DPF back. I got screwed over by a shop during the delete process and basically had to take matters into my own hands, hence why it's not fully deleted yet, but i've ordered the EGR block plate, and have an exhaust shop near me that will just fab up a downpipe to the existing aftermarket straight pipe.Once completed, GDE will just retune the ECU to accommodate for the rest of the deleteds. After hearing some of the videos posted on this thread, i'm excited to hear the finished product because even after having the SCR and mufflers deleted, my jeep is still incredibly quiet with the DPF still intact. Even just with what i've done, i've seen decent power increases, and fuel efficiency increases. I do a lot of traveling, so that was a huge plus for me. Just need the DPF and EGR delete to contribute to this, and a OBDII monitor so I can keep an eye on EGT's. Eventually plan on doing the custom boost tubes, intercooler kit, and water/meth injection. Possibly want to look into a drop-in turbo upgrade too, if anyone has found one yet that is compatible.

·
Read Only
6 Posts
Hey all,

New to this site also, and this thread caught my eye. I have a 2014 JGC Summit with about 91k miles on it now. So far, I have an aFe intake system ...............

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you're ahead of me in the delete department. A work in progress for my EcoDiesel. I'm going to check out that aFe intake system

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I know that it has been a while since I have posted anything, I have installed my inter-cooler. I set up my Go Pro to snap photos every minute to give me a time lapse of everything I did. Now having said that, here is my review on RIPPMODS inter-cooler. PLEASE wait for a while until this company can develop instructions on how to install this (they currently have nothing, when I called they told me this was their universal kit that just so happen to fit the EcoDiesel). So essentially, I went into this install COMPLETELY blind and I almost fear that this thing was more of a hassle then what it was worth. I have not been able to drive the Jeep since do to issues keeping a seal on my throttle body. I am in contact with BANKS to see if I can get my hands on their all new intake manifold that completely deletes the EGR and is just one piece so there isn't as much of a hassle with gaskets. Those of you who have messed with the actual intake of the EcoDiesel will understand what I mean when I say that. I also discovered a crack on my throttle body and I am 100 percent sure that it was my fault. I have a new one on order and she will be here hopefully on Tuesday (that little throttle body is damn near $400 from the Mopar store). Now lets get onto the good things about this inter-cooler. The quality of the actual inter-cooler is superb. It is about twice the weight of the factory inter-cooler, however the size is almost 2.5 times factory inter-cooler. Aluminum pipes that come with it are decent. I feel like the angles could be a little better (I know I said that the inter-cooler was a universal but that was the actual radiator part, the pipes were bent to size) but they do the job. The pipes also have a larger diameter for more airflow to the motor. One other thing I can say is I need to do a little organizing of the hoses that are behind of my radiator fan as I feel like they are all bunched up due to the larger size of the pipes. Anyhow, I know I said that I was going to upload a video this week but with it being the holidays I am having problems finding time to film. I hope everyone can understand. I know the review of the inter-cooler is brief but I will make sure ALL bases are covered once the project it's self is completed, so bare with me everyone! Here are some time lapse photos of my install (Go Pro died right towards the end of the install) ENJOY!!

View attachment 234
Had to remove the front bumper to remove the factory inter-cooler.

View attachment 235
You can see the new inter-cooler with the brackets installed on the ground about to go in.

View attachment 236 View attachment 237 View attachment 238 View attachment 239
Had to make multiple attempts to get the inter-cooler mounted correctly, if anyone decides to use this inter-cooler make sure you mount this as far back as possible so the support bars that go in front of the actual radiator actually go back in there. I had to bend out the horn brackets a little bit so they would correctly mount.

View attachment 240
Mounted with support bars installed.

View attachment 241
Installing the piping.
Since I had absolutely no instructions. I solely relied on the 4 photos they had on their website to complete the install.

View attachment 242 View attachment 243
Factory inter-cooler Finished Product
Great thread gentlemen. I had a 2008 GC diesel but recently sold it. It had great power, but with teh 4-speed trans, the economy was terrible. I'm looking to purchase one of the newer model GC with the diesel but was hearing about issues with the DEF and Cat system causing issues. You both have me pretty excited about getting a newer one and instantly adding the mods. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great thread gentlemen. I had a 2008 GC diesel but recently sold it. It had great power, but with teh 4-speed trans, the economy was terrible. I'm looking to purchase one of the newer model GC with the diesel but was hearing about issues with the DEF and Cat system causing issues. You both have me pretty excited about getting a newer one and instantly adding the mods. Thanks for sharing!

Its not that hard to do. I promise you will enjoy it after. All four tires will spin at the light now. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone here from CO that’s done the delete? Going to be moving there and have some questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
98,000 Miles on my JGC EcoD
17,000 on the delete and tune.

Green diesel tuned. Flo pro delete.
Banks monster exhaust.

going for my first inspection this month. I’ll report back how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
98,000 Miles on my JGC EcoD
17,000 on the delete and tune.

Green diesel tuned. Flo pro delete.
Banks monster exhaust.

going for my first inspection this month. I’ll report back how it goes.
Eagerly awaiting your feedback. With a name like GI Joe... assuming Co Springs? Debating if I move outside the front range counties to get out of the inspection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eagerly awaiting your feedback. With a name like GI Joe... assuming Co Springs? Debating if I move outside the front range counties to get out of the inspection.

Haha nope, Massachusetts, but I assume up here in the bluest of blue states, second only to Cali, the inspection process is a little tougher. Maybe not. But they have cameras here now, no lifts, no visible mods, no tint, no fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha nope, Massachusetts, but I assume up here in the bluest of blue states, second only to Cali, the inspection process is a little tougher. Maybe not. But they have cameras here now, no lifts, no visible mods, no tint, no fun.
Ouch... no mods or tint. Sounds like Russia has more freedom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy guys, a displaced Texan in North Carolina here. My wife and I are looking to purchase a 2016 (we want the new shifter) diesel GC and I am VERY interested in this thread. I would like to do a full delete with a 3" straight pipe from the turbo on back, but would like to see some comprehensive lists and numbers. Could some of you post your parts list, MPG, estimated torque and hp, EGT's, etc? I think I have a pretty comprehensive list put together myself, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I am planning the following:

- RIPP Intercooler
- Banks Intake Manifold
- GDE ECU Off-road Tune
- GDE Trans Tune (MPG tune)
- Custom 3" Turbo-Back w/ Mufflers (we want to keep it nice and quiet for wifey (plus I want to hear the turbo :D))
- Cold Air Intake (brand to be determined)

Looking for advice on OBDII

The goal is to build her as an overlanding rig, and am planning on adding a few hundred pounds to her with winch, bumper, skid plates, roof rack with RTT (only on when going out camping), 2.5 inch OME lift, 33s, etc. My main worry is EGT's. I want to make sure that when I'm moving along at 20mph or less with weight that I'm not gonna get myself in trouble. Sorry for the long post, but any help would be great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also found a secondary 75 liter fuel tank that fits where the DEF tank lives, but since I will be deleting mine, I plan on adding the fuel tank. 44 gallons of fuel, here I come! It is so nice not having to pass any diesel emissions. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
115k on my 14 JGC ECODIESEL. I’ve had the GDE off-road tune for about 35k and the trans tune for about 3k miles. I cannot express how stupid I feel for waiting so long. It is incredible. When I stop using the added oomph from the trans tune. I’ll probably see 30-32 mpg. Right now I’m getting 26-28. It’s a conversation piece wherever I go. People simply don’t know they had a diesel. And when they hear how good my mpg and power is. They want one

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wanted to post this under this topic since I know there has been a lot of talk about GDE tunes.
“We are not able to reflash/install our tune at this time due to changes in EPA rules. Best to contact your state representative and ask them to reign in the EPA if you ever want the GDE tune. The EPA is using statute CAA 42 USC 7522 (a)(3) (A-B) to go after the after-market auto industry. We feel this rule should only cover large auto manufacturers, not older vehicles in the field.”

I received this from GDE 2 days ago when enquiring about getting the tune to turn off the egr. This sucks for us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@KevinK - I got the same thing from them last week as well. Does anyone know if the other companies (PPEI, etc...) are also not selling flashed ECUs?
GDE seemed like the best option for me so I was really disappointed to get that message.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seven, I found SFT will do it. Sofa king tuned. I have read the safety limits stay in place. That’s my go to right now. Hddiesel out of Canada will tune it as well but it looks like you have to trade in an ECU. That’s about all I found since I made my last post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info KevinK. HDDiesel seems to have a good product and they sell the deleted exhaust, egr block plates, etc...

161 - 180 of 186 Posts